Overview

Awards:

  • AGPAL Tasmanian Practice of the Year 2009
  • R.A.C.G.P. Tasmanian General Practice of the Year in 2006
  • Central Coast Business Awards 2005 – Excellence in Professional Service Award Finalist

 

Patrick Street Clinic Expansion

Patrick Street Clinic Ulverstone has completed extensive renovations to expand our range of services and we can now offer:

 *Physiotas, including a spacious gym/rehab facility including Pilates

*Audiology, Australian Hearing

Sleep Study Services, Healthy Sleep Solutions, Malcolm Neilson

*Victoria’s Cosmetic Medical Clinic

* Launceston Orthotic and Prosthetic Service, Thomas Anandam (aka Prem)

*Dedicated telehealth facilities

*Expanded teaching facilities

*Group education on a variety of topics relevant to the health of the NW community

 

We hope to further expand the range and quality of our services to include speciality care of:

*Chronic pain management

*Child and adolescent mental health

*Dermatology and plastic surgery

 

Patrick Street Clinic  PENGUIN opened in March 2008, it has the capacity for 4 Doctors to consult at one time and offers the same services as the Ulverstone clinic. The Penguin clinic is used by a local Psychologist, Podiatrist and Child Health Nurse on a casual basis.  Patrick Street Clinic PENGUIN is fully accessible to the disabled with plenty of close parking spaces available in our carpark.  Access to our  surgery is via the Car Park located off Ironcliffe Road.  Entry is from the side of the building via a ramp or steps which is clearly signed, where you enter to our bright and cheerful reception.  There is a wheelchair available should you require wheelchair assistance.

 

The History of Patrick Street Clinic

The medical company that has become the Patrick Street Clinic originated when Dr Lachlan Gollan became Ulverstone’s first resident doctor in around 1920, soon to be joined by Dr Ferris.

This practice was based at what is now Gollan Court in King Edward Street. Dr Trevor Walker joined in about 1946, and following the retirement of the original partners, was joined by Drs. Don and Jean Brick in 1957. Dr Tony Large bought out Dr Walker in 1960 and moved with the Bricks to new premises in King Edward Street that year.

This firm moved to the current location in Patrick Street in 1981. The building underwent a substantial extension in 1999 to improve facilities and enlarge waiting room for greater patient comfort. The project also created an extra consulting room and staff area and reception. Further extensive renovations including another consulting room, theatre, emergency room and treatment room were completed in 2006 creating a modern up-to-date medical facility.

During 2014 the Practice constructed another wing on number 4 Patrick Street. This doubled the size and has provided another waiting room, a training room, administration offices and extra consulting rooms which are now occupied by Gp’s as well as various permanent and casual Allied Health Professionals. The largest of these is Physiotas who in 2016 increased their tenancy via a further extension.